I signed an alarm monitoring service agreement with the understanding that it w for 1 year.The house had a system already installed and all they did was sell me a wireless adapter that would be in contact with their center without a telephone line.

I paid print for that addition and after 13-14 months of service I had to cancel because I was unemployed and trying to cut all non essential services to remain afloat. When I called and explained my problem told them I was unemployed and needed to cancel the service and they said they would cancel the service but that the remaining 22 or so months were left in the contract were now due immediately. I told them that I canceled in good faith because we were broke and they said either pay the $900 or so dollars or see you in court.

90 days later I got a call from a collection agency in St.Louis demanding payment in full and their representative could care less if we couldn't pay for circumstances beyond our control.

Review about: Guardian Protection Services Security System.

Had an Experience with Guardian Protection Services?

Comments

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #674506

That's why it's called a contract.Guardian gave you $1500 worth or equipment up front.

Try calling your cell phone company to cancel while you are under contract.Let me know how that one works out for you.

to Anonymous Alexandria, Indiana, United States #709147

More like $200 worth of equipment and at $50 a month they make it up fast. :roll