1.6
Equipment Quality

I got ripped off for three years because their salesmen slipped me an incorrect ($15/mo more than I agreed to) contract.I pointed it out to him, he "corrected" it, and it was $25/mo more than what we agreed to.

I didn't re-read the fine print the second time because I assumed he fixed it. It was my fault for not reading it the second time, so I paid it for two years. Then 2 months before my contract ended, I sent a letter stating I wished to end the contract because they required auto-renew and a letter. I also followed up with a phone call.

Then they auto-renewed anyway. I called to complain and they asked if I sent the letter "certified," which I didn't. I told them I followed up with a phone call and spoke with "Heather," who then proceeded to tell me she never spoke with me. I reported to the BBB, and the BBB told me that I admitted I didn't re-read the second contract, so Guardian was not at fault and that I failed to send the letter certified.

Last time I trusted anything with the BBB. There are much better systems out there now that don't require contracts. Do yourself a favor and put these people out of business by not doing business with them.

Do your research and see how many similar instances have happened to other people.They state the each of the reviews is "far beyond typical," but the reviews speak for themselves.

Review about: Guardian Protection Services Security System Plan.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: These are liars not trustworthy, Not going over contract in an honest manner.

Comments

GuardianCares
Guardian Protection Services Verified Representative

Hello,

I'm sorry you feel you were deceived.We do appreciate the feedback and will relay it to our sales management.

Monitoring agreements are signed to help off-set initial install costs to customers and also lock in your rate so they are not subject to price increases in the initial term.If there is anything further we may assist you with please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Sincerely,